MID-SOUTH CHRISTIAN COLLEGE is looking for students who are willing to venture out into a real ministry experience. While many educational institutions offer a broad spectrum of educational programs, ours is a narrow focus. We are looking for both young people and also mature adults who have felt the radical impulse to give their lives to the expansion of God's kingdom and to the teaching and preaching of His sacred message of salvation through Jesus Christ. The prophet Jeremiah spoke of this impulse as a fire in his bones that could not be restrained (Jeremiah 20:9). The apostle Paul described it as an inner compulsion to preach the gospel (I Corinthians 9:16). If you have experienced this impulse, we want you to know that Mid-South Christian College is dedicated to equipping you for that purpose.
When you have decided that MSCC is where you want to receive your preparation for Christian service, you can apply by filling out the Application for Admission form and mailing or faxing it to our offices. To learn more about the admissions process, take a look at the Admissions Procedure Checklist. Please don't hesitate to contact our staff who will be happy to answer your questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that the forms mentioned in this check-off list are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You must have installed on your system the Adobe Acrobate Reader to access the forms. You can download a free copy of the reader at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Once you have opened the form, print it, fill it out and mail it to:
Mid-South Christian College
PO Box 181056
3097 Knight Road
Memphis, TN 38118
Attn. Academic Dean
- Complete the Application for Admission Form and return it to the College along with the $25.00 application fee, and a recent, wallet-sized photo.
- If you plan to live on campus, complete the Residence Hall Application. Include a $50.00 deposit to reserve your room. This deposit will be applied to your room rent.
- Have your high school and all related colleges youâ€™ve attended send transcripts of your grades to MSCC. A Transcript Request Form is included. It may be reproduced if need. Non-high school grades must provide documentation of high school equivalency.
- All applicants under age 21 who want to enter a certificate or degree program must take the American College Test (ACT) and have results sent to MSCC (College code 2230). MSCC prefers ACT scores, but will also accept SAT scores if the student has already taken the test. This requirement will be waived if the student has successfully completed 12 semester hours of college level work with a 2.00 GPA.
- Distribute three Reference Letter forms to the appropriate people and ask them to return these forms to MSCC promptly. These forms should be completed by a minister, elder, employer, community leader, teacher, or counselor. It is recommended that you give this form to your contact along with a stamped envelope addressed to MSCC for their convenience. Note that your reference should send the letter directly to the school and should not return it to you.
- Complete the Medical Authorization form. If the student is under 21, it should be done by a parent or guardian. Make sure the form is signed. Students should provide evidence of medical insurance, giving the name of the company and the policy or group number.
- Submit a 200-word essay entitled, "My Purpose For Enrolling at Mid-South Christian College."
- If applying for scholarship assistance, complete the Application for Scholarship Assistance form.
All admissions material and information, once submitted on your behalf, become the property of Mid-South Christian College and are not subject to return.
Updated 12 April 2013
by G. Waddell